Ayodhya to be developed as tourist hub
New Delhi: Tourism Ministry has sanctioned a
project for development of Ayodhya in Faizabad as a tourist
The Rs 498-lakh project includes providing basic
amenities and improvement of Parikarma Marg and provision of
tourist shelters along Chauda Kosi Parikarma Marg.
The project sanctioned in 2008-09 also includes
improvement and beautification of Suraj Kund, Vidha Kund,
Ganesh Kund, Sita Kund, Hanuman Kund, Manu Kund, Mani Kund and
Agni Kund, Tourism Minister of State Sultan Ahmed said in a
written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
The ministry has released Rs 398.40 lakh so far in the
He said implementation and monitoring of projects is the
responsibility of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi