Ayodhya verdict: Another party to move SC
Lucknow: After petitioner Ramesh Chandra Tripathi, who had sought deferment of the Ayodhya verdict, another key party in the matter Nirmohi Akhara plans to move the Supreme Court for postponement of the judgment for three months to facilitate an out-of-court amicable settlement, a lawyer said Monday.
This was disclosed by Nirmohi Akhara counsel Ranjit Lal Verma here just before leaving for Delhi to move an application in the apex court.
"I am heading for Delhi to move an application before the apex court for postponing the verdict for three months," Lal said.
He is also seeking the apex court`s intervention for granting extension to a judge of the Allahabad High Court, Dharam Veer Sharma, who is scheduled to retire at the end of the this month.
Justice Sharma is one of the three judges on the High Court bench which is due to deliver its judgment on the Ayodhya dispute. The High Court had reserved its verdict on July 27 and announced it would pronounce it on September 24.
The apex court later imposed an interim stay on the pronouncement of the judgment by the High Court till Tuesday. The apex court is now scheduled to take a final call on Tripathi`s plea on Tuesday.
Retired bureaucrat Tripathi approached the apex court for postponing the HC verdict till at least the end of the October 3-14 Commonwealth Games. He also sought the court`s direction to the parties to explore the possibility of an out-of-court amicable settlement.
He challenged the HC order rejecting his plea for deferring the pronouncement of the verdict so that there could be some mediation for an amicable settlement of the dispute.
Tripathi`s petition was turned down by the three-judge special bench of the HC two weeks ago. While two judges SU Khan and Sudhir Agrawal rejected the application, the third judge, Dharam Veer Sharma, allowed the plea, following which Tripathi chose to move the apex court.
The High Court also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on Tripathi.
Nirmohi Akhara is a key party in the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi title suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'