Azam Khan invites Devyani Khobragade to contest LS polls on SP ticket
New Delhi: Amid outrage over the ill-treatment meted out to diplomat Devyani Khobragade in the US, Uttar Pradesh`s Minister for Urban Development and Minorities Welfare Mohammad Azam Khan has offered her to contest in next year`s Lok Sabha polls from Rampur on Samajwadi Party`s ticket.
"If she wishes she can resign from her job and contest next year`s Lok Sabha election from Rampur on SP ticket and reach Lok Sabha where she can strongly lodge a protest against the treatment meted out to an Indian diplomat," Khan said on Thursday.
He said that the US has been continuously treating the Indians indecently and recalled as to how he also had to face such a treatment on his visit there in the past and had strongly protested against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?