Azam Khan invites Devyani Khobragade to contest LS polls on SP ticket
New Delhi: Amid outrage over the ill-treatment meted out to diplomat Devyani Khobragade in the US, Uttar Pradesh`s Minister for Urban Development and Minorities Welfare Mohammad Azam Khan has offered her to contest in next year`s Lok Sabha polls from Rampur on Samajwadi Party`s ticket.
"If she wishes she can resign from her job and contest next year`s Lok Sabha election from Rampur on SP ticket and reach Lok Sabha where she can strongly lodge a protest against the treatment meted out to an Indian diplomat," Khan said on Thursday.
He said that the US has been continuously treating the Indians indecently and recalled as to how he also had to face such a treatment on his visit there in the past and had strongly protested against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it