Azam Khan invites Devyani Khobragade to contest LS polls on SP ticket
New Delhi: Amid outrage over the ill-treatment meted out to diplomat Devyani Khobragade in the US, Uttar Pradesh`s Minister for Urban Development and Minorities Welfare Mohammad Azam Khan has offered her to contest in next year`s Lok Sabha polls from Rampur on Samajwadi Party`s ticket.
"If she wishes she can resign from her job and contest next year`s Lok Sabha election from Rampur on SP ticket and reach Lok Sabha where she can strongly lodge a protest against the treatment meted out to an Indian diplomat," Khan said on Thursday.
He said that the US has been continuously treating the Indians indecently and recalled as to how he also had to face such a treatment on his visit there in the past and had strongly protested against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus