Azam Khan says gay relationship unnatural, criticises its supporters
Moradabad: Senior Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan on Saturday welcomed the Supreme Court verdict upholding a law criminalising homosexuality, and said gay relationship is unnatural and our religion and culture didn`t approve of it.
"These activities are unhealthy and spread chronic diseases like HIV... We should not imitate the culture of foreign countries where these practices are acceptable," Khan told PTI here.
Claiming that all religions prohibit such activities, he said, "Promoters and supporters of gay relationship are breaking rules of all religions."
Criticising Congress president Sonia Gandhi and his son Rahul for their support to the gay relationship, Khan alleged that Sonia was trying to spread unnatural and negative practices of Europe in India.
The UP minister appealed to all political leaders to refrain from extending their support to gay activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere