Azam Khan says gay relationship unnatural, criticises its supporters
Moradabad: Senior Uttar Pradesh Minister Azam Khan on Saturday welcomed the Supreme Court verdict upholding a law criminalising homosexuality, and said gay relationship is unnatural and our religion and culture didn`t approve of it.
"These activities are unhealthy and spread chronic diseases like HIV... We should not imitate the culture of foreign countries where these practices are acceptable," Khan told PTI here.
Claiming that all religions prohibit such activities, he said, "Promoters and supporters of gay relationship are breaking rules of all religions."
Criticising Congress president Sonia Gandhi and his son Rahul for their support to the gay relationship, Khan alleged that Sonia was trying to spread unnatural and negative practices of Europe in India.
The UP minister appealed to all political leaders to refrain from extending their support to gay activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what