BA Mumbai-London flight makes emergency landing
Mumbai: A British Airways Mumbai-London flight with 207 passengers on board made an emergency landing here early Thursday following a fire warning in the cockpit, an official said.
The captain of the BA-138 flight, which took off from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at 3 am, heard a fire alarm in the cockpit about 30 minutes after take-off.
He immediately decided to return and a full emergency was declared at the airport, the official said.
After the aircraft landed safely at 4.10 am, the captain asked for a safety jeep to check the undercarriage of the aircraft.
No damage was found in the undercarriage, but the aircraft was undergoing a full check at Bay No. 1 of the airport, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet