BA Mumbai-London flight makes emergency landing
Mumbai: A British Airways Mumbai-London flight with 207 passengers on board made an emergency landing here early Thursday following a fire warning in the cockpit, an official said.
The captain of the BA-138 flight, which took off from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at 3 am, heard a fire alarm in the cockpit about 30 minutes after take-off.
He immediately decided to return and a full emergency was declared at the airport, the official said.
After the aircraft landed safely at 4.10 am, the captain asked for a safety jeep to check the undercarriage of the aircraft.
No damage was found in the undercarriage, but the aircraft was undergoing a full check at Bay No. 1 of the airport, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?