Baba Ramdev accuses PM of inaction
New Delhi: After Anna Hazare, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday trained guns at the Prime Minister alleging that he is not "politically honest" and it is not anti-corruption activists but Manmohan Singh himself who is weakening the democratic traditions of the country.
Addressing a press conference to brief about the June 3 fast along with Anna Hazare at Jantar Mantar here, the yoga guru said he still trusts Singh`s "personal honesty".
"The Prime Minister does not take responsibility for the actions of his ministers. It is said that the anti-corruption activists are weakening the democratic traditions. It is not we but the Prime Minister who weakens the democratic system by not taking action," he said.
Hazare said he has lost faith in Singh though he earlier had a strong belief in him.
Ramdev also said if the PM is sure that "he and his ministers are not corrupt, then why was is he shying away from ordering a probe".
On the June 3 protest, he said there will be simultaneous protests in state capitals on the day.
He said police have allowed them to have a crowd of 5,000 but he will only bring 3-4,000 protesters along with him.
"After 56 days and 16 letters, we finally got the permission last evening. I have appealed to people not to indulge in violence. This is a non-violent protest to bring back black money. If police stops you, stop there. If they arrest you, court arrest," he said.
He also claimed that if the blackmoney stashed abroad is brought back, each family will benefit by Rs ten crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city