Baba Ramdev accuses PM of inaction
New Delhi: After Anna Hazare, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday trained guns at the Prime Minister alleging that he is not "politically honest" and it is not anti-corruption activists but Manmohan Singh himself who is weakening the democratic traditions of the country.
Addressing a press conference to brief about the June 3 fast along with Anna Hazare at Jantar Mantar here, the yoga guru said he still trusts Singh`s "personal honesty".
"The Prime Minister does not take responsibility for the actions of his ministers. It is said that the anti-corruption activists are weakening the democratic traditions. It is not we but the Prime Minister who weakens the democratic system by not taking action," he said.
Hazare said he has lost faith in Singh though he earlier had a strong belief in him.
Ramdev also said if the PM is sure that "he and his ministers are not corrupt, then why was is he shying away from ordering a probe".
On the June 3 protest, he said there will be simultaneous protests in state capitals on the day.
He said police have allowed them to have a crowd of 5,000 but he will only bring 3-4,000 protesters along with him.
"After 56 days and 16 letters, we finally got the permission last evening. I have appealed to people not to indulge in violence. This is a non-violent protest to bring back black money. If police stops you, stop there. If they arrest you, court arrest," he said.
He also claimed that if the blackmoney stashed abroad is brought back, each family will benefit by Rs ten crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed