Baba Ramdev aide Balkrishna`s judicial remand extended
Dehra Dun: A local court on Monday extended by 14 days the judicial remand of Balkrishna, a close aide of yoga guru Ramdev, in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
Chief Judicial Magistrate SS Rawat extended his judicial remand till August 13, official sources said.
Balkrishna, who appeared before the CJM court, was later sent back to Suddhowala jail, they said.
Balkrishna had filed his bail application before District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishan earlier and it would come up for hearing tomorrow.
He was denied bail earlier by a special CBI court following which he was sent to a 10-day judicial remand.
The yoga guru`s aide was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar, after a local court issued a non bailable warrant against him as he failed to appear before it.
The CBI, on July 10, had filed a chargesheet in a special court here against him in the case.
A case of cheating and criminal conspiracy had been registered by CBI against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get the passport.
Talking to reporters, Balkrishna said he would continue his fight against corruption and would not be deterred by his confinement to jail.
"The government is patronising all those who are fomenting corruption. But people who want to bring a change in the system are being harassed," Balkrishna said.
"I am happy that I have gone to jail just like a revolutionary," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory