Baba Ramdev aide Balkrishna`s judicial remand extended
Dehra Dun: A local court on Monday extended by 14 days the judicial remand of Balkrishna, a close aide of yoga guru Ramdev, in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
Chief Judicial Magistrate SS Rawat extended his judicial remand till August 13, official sources said.
Balkrishna, who appeared before the CJM court, was later sent back to Suddhowala jail, they said.
Balkrishna had filed his bail application before District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishan earlier and it would come up for hearing tomorrow.
He was denied bail earlier by a special CBI court following which he was sent to a 10-day judicial remand.
The yoga guru`s aide was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar, after a local court issued a non bailable warrant against him as he failed to appear before it.
The CBI, on July 10, had filed a chargesheet in a special court here against him in the case.
A case of cheating and criminal conspiracy had been registered by CBI against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get the passport.
Talking to reporters, Balkrishna said he would continue his fight against corruption and would not be deterred by his confinement to jail.
"The government is patronising all those who are fomenting corruption. But people who want to bring a change in the system are being harassed," Balkrishna said.
"I am happy that I have gone to jail just like a revolutionary," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof