Baba Ramdev appeals to Nitish to join Modi in national interest
Patna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday appealed to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to join the BJP prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi`s leadership in larger national interest to overcome pressing issues like corruption and price rise.
"I appeal to Nitish and other leaders like N Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee and Naveen Patnaik to rally behind Modi in the larger national interest to remove maladies like price rise, corruption, poverty and unemployment front the country," he told reporters.
Ramdev, who arrived here on a two-day visit to Bihar, showered fulsome praise on the Gujarat Chief Minister saying that he was the only leader who has capacity to provide a stable and strong government at the centre and remove the problems like price rise and corruption dogging the country and its people for a long time.
Yoga guru downplayed emergence of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) as a major political force in the country under the leadership of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and said when it comes to national interest and issues the people will always vote for Modi.
The BJP prime ministerial hopeful will get the nod from electorate in the general elections as his agendas, conviction and leadership have been proved beyond doubt, Ramdev said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!