Baba Ramdev dares Congress, says not afraid of anyone
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Haridwar: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Tuesday made a scathing attack on the Congress government for targeting him after he praised BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Talking exclusively to Zee Media, Ramdev said, "Till today I don’t doubt the intentions of the CBI but I have serious apprehensions about the Congress government, which controls it and uses the probe agency for settling scores with its political rivals. The whole world knows that the country is being run from 10, Janpath"
Continuing further the yoga guru commented, "I am not afraid of CBI or any agency. I am ready to face any probe. I have nothing to hide as I have done no wrong in my entire life. The Congress regime is targeting me since I am exposing it. I have been speaking against the cases of corruption and various scams unearthed during the Congress rule and that`s why I am being victimised."
Hitting hard on the ruling disposition, the yoga exponent said, "The Congress has had a history of silencing its rivals be it Lal Bahadur Shashtri ji, Jaiprakash Narayan ji, Shayama Prasad Mukherje, revered saint Karpatri Ji or any other person who dared to oppose it."
"What has happened to me is only because I have chosen to expose the corrupt practices of the Congress regime," he added.
He also categorically denied any role in the disappearance of his `guru` Swami Shankar Dev, who mysteriously went missing six years ago while taking a morning walk in Haridwar.
Ramdev made these remarks a day after he was grilled by the CBI for close to three hours in a case related to the disappearance of his guru.
"My guru went missing seven years ago but the government and the CBI never bothered about the case. Now they have suddenly shown interest and I welcome this," he said.
He said if the CBI`s plan was to make him as an accused in the case based on the letter of a Congress leader, then the agency`s basis of investigation was "wrong."
He continued by saying that the BJP government in his state had filed a closure report in the case and now they want to reopen it and falsely implicate him in that.
"Suddenly they have converted it into a case of kidnapping," he said.
Government had rejected claims by him that he was being framed in a case related to the disappearance of his guru. Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said that Congress and the UPA does not believe in the concept of vendetta or victimisation.
The I&B Minister also rejected Ramdev`s claims saying he is "not a factor in public discourse in this country or in politics in this country."
"Why would the Congress party or the UPA waste its time on him. Vendetta or victimisation is something which Congress does not believe in. I don`t think, he is really worth wasting a time," the Minister told reporters in New Delhi.
CBI too refuted the allegations of Ramdev.
"We are not concerned with any political party. We are probing the case which has been registered against him in a fair and objective manner," CBI chief Ranjit Sinha told reporters.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’