Baba Ramdev dares Congress, says not afraid of anyone
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Haridwar: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Tuesday made a scathing attack on the Congress government for targeting him after he praised BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Talking exclusively to Zee Media, Ramdev said, "Till today I don’t doubt the intentions of the CBI but I have serious apprehensions about the Congress government, which controls it and uses the probe agency for settling scores with its political rivals. The whole world knows that the country is being run from 10, Janpath"
Continuing further the yoga guru commented, "I am not afraid of CBI or any agency. I am ready to face any probe. I have nothing to hide as I have done no wrong in my entire life. The Congress regime is targeting me since I am exposing it. I have been speaking against the cases of corruption and various scams unearthed during the Congress rule and that`s why I am being victimised."
Hitting hard on the ruling disposition, the yoga exponent said, "The Congress has had a history of silencing its rivals be it Lal Bahadur Shashtri ji, Jaiprakash Narayan ji, Shayama Prasad Mukherje, revered saint Karpatri Ji or any other person who dared to oppose it."
"What has happened to me is only because I have chosen to expose the corrupt practices of the Congress regime," he added.
He also categorically denied any role in the disappearance of his `guru` Swami Shankar Dev, who mysteriously went missing six years ago while taking a morning walk in Haridwar.
Ramdev made these remarks a day after he was grilled by the CBI for close to three hours in a case related to the disappearance of his guru.
"My guru went missing seven years ago but the government and the CBI never bothered about the case. Now they have suddenly shown interest and I welcome this," he said.
He said if the CBI`s plan was to make him as an accused in the case based on the letter of a Congress leader, then the agency`s basis of investigation was "wrong."
He continued by saying that the BJP government in his state had filed a closure report in the case and now they want to reopen it and falsely implicate him in that.
"Suddenly they have converted it into a case of kidnapping," he said.
Government had rejected claims by him that he was being framed in a case related to the disappearance of his guru. Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said that Congress and the UPA does not believe in the concept of vendetta or victimisation.
The I&B Minister also rejected Ramdev`s claims saying he is "not a factor in public discourse in this country or in politics in this country."
"Why would the Congress party or the UPA waste its time on him. Vendetta or victimisation is something which Congress does not believe in. I don`t think, he is really worth wasting a time," the Minister told reporters in New Delhi.
CBI too refuted the allegations of Ramdev.
"We are not concerned with any political party. We are probing the case which has been registered against him in a fair and objective manner," CBI chief Ranjit Sinha told reporters.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM