Baba Ramdev does a U-turn, supports BJP once again
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev once again came out in support of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ahead of 2014 General Elections, saying that Narendra Modi`s wave is prevalent in the country.
The founder of Haridwar-based Patanjali Yog Peeth, on Sunday, said that the need of the hour is to bring good people in governance.
Furthermore, while taking a swipe at Congress, Ramdev said that the party has been looting the country for the past 65 years.
On March 14, Ramdev had made a U-turn, saying that he is nobody`s slave and may rethink on his support to the NDA and the BJP.
“We are nobody`s slave, there is no lack of options in politics. We have always said that our support is issue-based. Now there is a lot of gadbad in the NDA,” Ramdev had said.
Ramdev, who has been spearheading a nationwide campaign against black money and corruption, had said the NDA will have to “swear” that they will support him on the issue. He also demanded the assurance from the party in writing.
A force in itself, the Patanjali Trust has at least lakhs\of avid followers across the country. Ramdev had vowed to mobilise 50 crore voters in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress