Baba Ramdev does a U-turn, supports BJP once again
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev once again came out in support of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ahead of 2014 General Elections, saying that Narendra Modi`s wave is prevalent in the country.
The founder of Haridwar-based Patanjali Yog Peeth, on Sunday, said that the need of the hour is to bring good people in governance.
Furthermore, while taking a swipe at Congress, Ramdev said that the party has been looting the country for the past 65 years.
On March 14, Ramdev had made a U-turn, saying that he is nobody`s slave and may rethink on his support to the NDA and the BJP.
“We are nobody`s slave, there is no lack of options in politics. We have always said that our support is issue-based. Now there is a lot of gadbad in the NDA,” Ramdev had said.
Ramdev, who has been spearheading a nationwide campaign against black money and corruption, had said the NDA will have to “swear” that they will support him on the issue. He also demanded the assurance from the party in writing.
A force in itself, the Patanjali Trust has at least lakhs\of avid followers across the country. Ramdev had vowed to mobilise 50 crore voters in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India