Baba Ramdev holds meeting with close associates on agitation
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday held a meeting with his close associates here to finalise the strategy ahead of his proposed June 4 hunger strike on black
money issue and talks with the government which wants him to call off the agitation.
Ramdev, who flew into the capital in a chartered jet from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, discussed with his close aides on how to go about the issues during the next round of
deliberations with the government, sources close to him said.
A day after the government virtually rolled out a red carpet to him by sending four senior ministers to receive him at the airport here, the yoga guru maintained that he will go
ahead with the protest from June four at Ramlila Maidan.
Ramdev said he has spoken to the government and now he will interact with the people on the issues he was raising. He also said he could go ahead with talks with the government
during his protest.
"Tell me which demand I raised is unreasonable. Seeking gallows for those who committed corruption to the tune of Rs 10 crore, Rs 50 crore, Rs 1,000 crore or Rs one lakh
crore," he said.
Asked about his earlier remarks that there would be a change in 2014, he said such a change will take place this year itself but hastened to add that his protest was not aimed
at achieving any political goal.
"My protest is not against any political party. It is for a change in the system. Whichever party may rule, what we need is a system which demands answer and take action against
those who cheat and loot the country," he said.
He said he has no difference of opinion with Anna Hazare, who has said that he will be joining him at the protest site on Sunday.
Hazare has decided to cut short his visit to Kochi and join the yoga guru at Ramlila grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing