Baba Ramdev holds meeting with close associates on agitation
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday held a meeting with his close associates here to finalise the strategy ahead of his proposed June 4 hunger strike on black
money issue and talks with the government which wants him to call off the agitation.
Ramdev, who flew into the capital in a chartered jet from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, discussed with his close aides on how to go about the issues during the next round of
deliberations with the government, sources close to him said.
A day after the government virtually rolled out a red carpet to him by sending four senior ministers to receive him at the airport here, the yoga guru maintained that he will go
ahead with the protest from June four at Ramlila Maidan.
Ramdev said he has spoken to the government and now he will interact with the people on the issues he was raising. He also said he could go ahead with talks with the government
during his protest.
"Tell me which demand I raised is unreasonable. Seeking gallows for those who committed corruption to the tune of Rs 10 crore, Rs 50 crore, Rs 1,000 crore or Rs one lakh
crore," he said.
Asked about his earlier remarks that there would be a change in 2014, he said such a change will take place this year itself but hastened to add that his protest was not aimed
at achieving any political goal.
"My protest is not against any political party. It is for a change in the system. Whichever party may rule, what we need is a system which demands answer and take action against
those who cheat and loot the country," he said.
He said he has no difference of opinion with Anna Hazare, who has said that he will be joining him at the protest site on Sunday.
Hazare has decided to cut short his visit to Kochi and join the yoga guru at Ramlila grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire