Baba Ramdev mulls forming political party
Panchkula: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday said that he will launch a political party if the Centre fails to take necessary steps to put an end to corruption in the country.
"I will launch a new political party if politicians do not put an end to corruption. I expect my yoga followers to convert into voters if I launch a new party, he said, while speaking to reporters here.
He said the Centre should bring in an effective law against corruption and there should be a provision of death penalty for those who are found guilty.
"Corruption is a political problem created by politicians and not a social problem as described by them to save their skin," he said.
The Yoga guru also said that the government should work to bring back the money deposited in Swiss banks soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui