Baba Ramdev mulls forming political party
Panchkula: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday said that he will launch a political party if the Centre fails to take necessary steps to put an end to corruption in the country.
"I will launch a new political party if politicians do not put an end to corruption. I expect my yoga followers to convert into voters if I launch a new party, he said, while speaking to reporters here.
He said the Centre should bring in an effective law against corruption and there should be a provision of death penalty for those who are found guilty.
"Corruption is a political problem created by politicians and not a social problem as described by them to save their skin," he said.
The Yoga guru also said that the government should work to bring back the money deposited in Swiss banks soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere