Baba Ramdev mulls forming political party
Panchkula: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday said that he will launch a political party if the Centre fails to take necessary steps to put an end to corruption in the country.
"I will launch a new political party if politicians do not put an end to corruption. I expect my yoga followers to convert into voters if I launch a new party, he said, while speaking to reporters here.
He said the Centre should bring in an effective law against corruption and there should be a provision of death penalty for those who are found guilty.
"Corruption is a political problem created by politicians and not a social problem as described by them to save their skin," he said.
The Yoga guru also said that the government should work to bring back the money deposited in Swiss banks soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack