Baba Ramdev mulls forming political party
Panchkula: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Thursday said that he will launch a political party if the Centre fails to take necessary steps to put an end to corruption in the country.
"I will launch a new political party if politicians do not put an end to corruption. I expect my yoga followers to convert into voters if I launch a new party, he said, while speaking to reporters here.
He said the Centre should bring in an effective law against corruption and there should be a provision of death penalty for those who are found guilty.
"Corruption is a political problem created by politicians and not a social problem as described by them to save their skin," he said.
The Yoga guru also said that the government should work to bring back the money deposited in Swiss banks soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan