Baba Ramdev to launch agitation against Congress
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev Sunday accused the Congress-led government of failing to check corruption and bring back black money stashed abroad and announced a countrywide agitation from Sep 13.
Addressing "Vyavastha Parivartan Rally" (rally to change the system) at Jantar Mantar here, Ramdev also attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi for "mismanaging the economy".
"The Congress leaders are making no efforts to retrieve the black money deposited in Swiss banks," Ramdev said.
He claimed that the prime minister`s decisions were influenced by Sonia Gandhi.
"He should act as per constitution and not take directions from 10 Janpath (Sonia Gandhi`s residence)," Ramdev said.
Ramdev also accused the Congress of failing to check corruption.
The yoga guru supported moves to declare Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Referring to Manmohan Singh`s remarks that Rahul Gandhi will be ideal choice for prime minister after the 2014 elections, Ramdev said people will give their decision on the issue.
Ramdev said he would agitate throughout the country on the issues of black money and corruption.
"Beginning from Madhya Pradesh Sep 13, we will organise a mass rally and travel to all states of the country and even go outside to the US and Britain," he said.
"The fight is against the government and we want to make the people aware about the large-scale corruption and black money that involves the Congress government," he added.
Senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani and BJP leader Subramanian Swamy also shared the stage with the yoga guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’