Baba Ramdev trusts challenge IT notice
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev`s trusts have challenged the action of the Income Tax department to slap a tax demand of Rs 58 crore on their income through sales of Ayurvedic medicines.
"Since inception we have been doing charity in terms of providing medical relief and other such activities to the needy. We have challenged the IT department`s notice at the Commissioner of IT (Appeals) office and we know that we will get justice," Ramdev`s spokesperson S K Tijarawala said in his reaction to the IT department`s action.
He said the department has said that the trusts have not been doing charitable work but "the world knows that we have been running hospitals and educational institutes for long."
"We will fight against this order and we have noting to hide," he said.
The IT department has slapped a notice of Rs 58 crore demand on the sale of the ayurvedic medicines by Ramdev owned trusts. The income has been assessed at Rs 120 crore for the assessment year 2009-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog