Baba Ramdev wants `Z-plus` security
Dehradun: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has requested
the Uttarakhand government to provide him with `Z-plus`
security considering his vulnerability to attacks from his
"Baba Ramdev has been exposing the intentions of MNCs in
the field of health and beverages, launching a tirade against
corruption and establishing Indian tradition and culture. So,
he has become a target of his opponents," general secretary of
Ramdev`s Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth Acharya Balkrishna
Since he also floated a political party `Bharat
Swabhiman Trust` and has announced to contest the next
general elections, the number of opponents who may harm him
have increased, he said.
Balkrishna said he has recently sent a letter to the
Uttarakhand government asking for providing `Z-plus level`
security to the yoga guru.
Currently, Ramdev has been given `Y-level` security.
`Independent commission should probe corruption`
awardee Kiran Bedi, activists Swami Agnivesh and Anna Hazare
among others have written to the Prime Minister demanding an
independent commission to probe corruption cases allegedly
involving high-profile people.
The group said none of the agencies probing cases of
alleged corruption in the Commonwealth Games has powers to
bring high-profile politicians to book. They said the group
has filed a complaint with the Parliament Street Police
station in this regard.
"In 2G spectrum case, CBI registered a criminal case
almost a year back. Despite severe admonition by the Supreme
Court on several subsequent occasions, CBI is yet to make
headway in the case...Delhi Police and CBI report precisely to
same set of people, some of whom are involved in such crimes,"
the letter to Prime Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- Woman raped by husband, his brothers in Rajasthan; Maneka Gandhi asks NCW to probe