Baba Ramdev wants `Z-plus` security
Dehradun: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has requested
the Uttarakhand government to provide him with `Z-plus`
security considering his vulnerability to attacks from his
"Baba Ramdev has been exposing the intentions of MNCs in
the field of health and beverages, launching a tirade against
corruption and establishing Indian tradition and culture. So,
he has become a target of his opponents," general secretary of
Ramdev`s Haridwar-based Patanjali Yogpeeth Acharya Balkrishna
Since he also floated a political party `Bharat
Swabhiman Trust` and has announced to contest the next
general elections, the number of opponents who may harm him
have increased, he said.
Balkrishna said he has recently sent a letter to the
Uttarakhand government asking for providing `Z-plus level`
security to the yoga guru.
Currently, Ramdev has been given `Y-level` security.
`Independent commission should probe corruption`
awardee Kiran Bedi, activists Swami Agnivesh and Anna Hazare
among others have written to the Prime Minister demanding an
independent commission to probe corruption cases allegedly
involving high-profile people.
The group said none of the agencies probing cases of
alleged corruption in the Commonwealth Games has powers to
bring high-profile politicians to book. They said the group
has filed a complaint with the Parliament Street Police
station in this regard.
"In 2G spectrum case, CBI registered a criminal case
almost a year back. Despite severe admonition by the Supreme
Court on several subsequent occasions, CBI is yet to make
headway in the case...Delhi Police and CBI report precisely to
same set of people, some of whom are involved in such crimes,"
the letter to Prime Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?