Baba Ramdev’s trust books released
New Delhi: A Delhi court has ordered release of some books and other articles which were found in two vehicles of Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust and confiscated by police during its midnight crackdown on the yoga guru`s agitation at Ramlila Maidan here on June 4.
Additional Sessions Judge S S Rathi gave the order on a plea by the Ramdev-run trust challenging a magisterial court order, refusing to release the seized articles, which included several bundles of books, a few bags and three swords, besides a small, unspecified amount of some foreign currency.
"The said articles are hereby ordered to be released unconditionally subject to furnishing photographs of the same to the investigating officer or SHO," Additional Sessions Judge S S Rathi said.
However, the court did not order release of the foreign currency found in the vehicle as the plea by the trust remained silent over it.
The magisterial court earlier had released the two seized vehicles but had refused to release the articles found inside them.
After the crackdown, a First Information Report was registered at Kamla Nagar Police Station against unknown persons for unlawful assembly, obstruction in public duty, mischief and mischief by fire apart from causing damage to the public property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals