‘Babbar Khalsa eyeing to disrupt CWG’
New Delhi: Two Babbar Khalsa militants, believed to be hiding somewhere in Punjab or Delhi, have huge amount of arms and explosives with them and are planning to cause disruption in the country ahead of the Commonwealth Games, sources have told Zee News.
This was revealed during the interrogation of three alleged Babbar Khalsa International terrorists arrested by the Mohali Police recently for planning to trigger bomb blast in the national capital and Himachal Pradesh.
The trio was to receive arms and ammunitions from the said two persons who are on the run, sources said.
While Purushotam Singh alias Bunty, Daljit Singh and Talvinder Singh were arrested by Mohali police on Friday night, two others, including Harinder Singh who is wanted in the 2007 blast at a theatre in Ludhiana, managed to escape.
A reward of Rs 5 lakh has been announced by the police on information leading to the arrest of Harinder, who had returned to India last month after fleeing to Pakistan after following Ludhiana blast.
Sources said Harinder had shifted his base to Greece from where he had come to India to carry out the blast in New Delhi, and Naina Devi in Himachal Pradesh.
Police also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh on Nirmal Singh who too managed to escape.
Police seized a pistol, some ammunition and cash totalling to about Rs 1 lakh from the three arrested.
While Talvinder is a resident of Delhi, Purushotama and Daljit are from Punjab.
A case under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act besides Bomb and Explosives Act has been registered against the three at Zirakpur police station.
Sources said the Babbar Khalsa International module were receiving instructions from top BKI terrorists Paramjit Singh and Purushotam Goldy based abroad. They were also being helped by Pakistan-based Wadhwa Singh and Parminder Singh, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say