Babbar Khalsa module busted, planned blast in Delhi
New Delhi/Mohali: Police busted a module
of Sikh militan group Babbar Khalsa International, which was
planning to trigger bomb blast in the national capital and
Himachal Pradesh, by arresting three members of the group.
While Purushotam Singh alias Bunty, Daljit Singh and
Talvinder Singh were arrested by Mohali police on Friday
night, two others, including Harinder Singh who is wanted in
the 2007 blast at a theatre in Ludhiana, managed to escape.
A reward of Rs 5 lakh has been announced by the police
on information leading to the arrest of Harinder who had
returned to India last month after fleeing to Pakistan after
the Ludhiana blast.
Sources said Harinder had shifted his base to Greece
from where he had come to India to carry out the blast in the
national capital and Naina Devi in Himachal Pradesh.
Police also announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh on Nirmal
Singh who too had managed to escape.
Police seized a pistol, some ammunition and cash
totalling to about Rs one lakh from the three arrested.
While Talvinder is a resident of Delhi Purushotama and
Daljit are from Punjab.
A case under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act
besides Bomb and Explosives Act has been registered against
the three at Zirakpur police station.
Sources said the Babbar Khalsa international module
were receiving instructions from top BKI terrorists Paramjit
Singh and Purushotam Goldy based abroad. They were also being
helped by Pakistan-based Wadhwa Singh and Parminder Singh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation