Babbar Khalsa threatens to attack Himachal temples
New Delhi: Sikh terror group Babbar Khalsa has threatened to attack most prominent temples in Himachal Pradesh during the Navaratra festival.
The threat, issued in the name of the group, was received by the Additional Director General of CID.
The letter threatened to hit religious places such as Naina Devi, Brajeshwari Devi temple, Chamunda Devi, Kangra, Jawalamukhi temple.
Meanwhile, the security officials are examining the letter. The security has already been tightened as the auspicious Hindu festival starts next week.
Lakhs of devotees visit these temples during this festive season.
Last month, intelligence agencies had warned of Laskhar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa International joining hands and planning terror attacks across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque