Babbar Khalsa threatens to attack Himachal temples
New Delhi: Sikh terror group Babbar Khalsa has threatened to attack most prominent temples in Himachal Pradesh during the Navaratra festival.
The threat, issued in the name of the group, was received by the Additional Director General of CID.
The letter threatened to hit religious places such as Naina Devi, Brajeshwari Devi temple, Chamunda Devi, Kangra, Jawalamukhi temple.
Meanwhile, the security officials are examining the letter. The security has already been tightened as the auspicious Hindu festival starts next week.
Lakhs of devotees visit these temples during this festive season.
Last month, intelligence agencies had warned of Laskhar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa International joining hands and planning terror attacks across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what