Babbar Khalsa threatens to attack Himachal temples
New Delhi: Sikh terror group Babbar Khalsa has threatened to attack most prominent temples in Himachal Pradesh during the Navaratra festival.
The threat, issued in the name of the group, was received by the Additional Director General of CID.
The letter threatened to hit religious places such as Naina Devi, Brajeshwari Devi temple, Chamunda Devi, Kangra, Jawalamukhi temple.
Meanwhile, the security officials are examining the letter. The security has already been tightened as the auspicious Hindu festival starts next week.
Lakhs of devotees visit these temples during this festive season.
Last month, intelligence agencies had warned of Laskhar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa International joining hands and planning terror attacks across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence