Babbar Khalsa threatens to attack Himachal temples
New Delhi: Sikh terror group Babbar Khalsa has threatened to attack most prominent temples in Himachal Pradesh during the Navaratra festival.
The threat, issued in the name of the group, was received by the Additional Director General of CID.
The letter threatened to hit religious places such as Naina Devi, Brajeshwari Devi temple, Chamunda Devi, Kangra, Jawalamukhi temple.
Meanwhile, the security officials are examining the letter. The security has already been tightened as the auspicious Hindu festival starts next week.
Lakhs of devotees visit these temples during this festive season.
Last month, intelligence agencies had warned of Laskhar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa International joining hands and planning terror attacks across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown