Babri demolition: Hearing postponed till Nov 18
Rae Bareli: A special CBI court on Tuesday fixed November 18 as the next date of hearing in the Babri mosque demolition case.
"On the request of defence counsel Hari Dutt Sharma seeking adjournment on personal grounds, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Prasad Agarwal posted the matter for further hearing on November 18," the prosecution said.
One more application was moved by the defence seeking the court`s status in connection with some accused in the case, which was argued by the CBI counsel.
A key witness senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as security officer with BJP leader L K Advani on December 6, 1992, appeared before the court, it said.
Hearing in the demolition case had resumed after a gap of more than three months following nomination of ACJM Agarwal by the High Court.
Before his nomination,, the court was lying vacant due to transfer of CJM Gulab Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter