Babri demolition: Hearing postponed till Nov 18
Rae Bareli: A special CBI court on Tuesday fixed November 18 as the next date of hearing in the Babri mosque demolition case.
"On the request of defence counsel Hari Dutt Sharma seeking adjournment on personal grounds, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Prasad Agarwal posted the matter for further hearing on November 18," the prosecution said.
One more application was moved by the defence seeking the court`s status in connection with some accused in the case, which was argued by the CBI counsel.
A key witness senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as security officer with BJP leader L K Advani on December 6, 1992, appeared before the court, it said.
Hearing in the demolition case had resumed after a gap of more than three months following nomination of ACJM Agarwal by the High Court.
Before his nomination,, the court was lying vacant due to transfer of CJM Gulab Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh