Babri demolition: Hearing postponed till Nov 18
Rae Bareli: A special CBI court on Tuesday fixed November 18 as the next date of hearing in the Babri mosque demolition case.
"On the request of defence counsel Hari Dutt Sharma seeking adjournment on personal grounds, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishnu Prasad Agarwal posted the matter for further hearing on November 18," the prosecution said.
One more application was moved by the defence seeking the court`s status in connection with some accused in the case, which was argued by the CBI counsel.
A key witness senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as security officer with BJP leader L K Advani on December 6, 1992, appeared before the court, it said.
Hearing in the demolition case had resumed after a gap of more than three months following nomination of ACJM Agarwal by the High Court.
Before his nomination,, the court was lying vacant due to transfer of CJM Gulab Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what