Babri report demolished defence of BJP, Sangh Parivar: CPM
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday said the Liberhan
Commission report has demolished the defence of BJP that Babri
Masjid demolition was a "spontaneous movement" but has laid
itself open to the charge of a political bias by not
pinpointing the failure of Centre to take action.
The CPI(M) Politburo said the Commission has made
"a clear and sharp" indictment of the RSS, the BJP and other
constituents of the Sangh Parivar.
"The report demolishes the defence put out by the BJP
that it was a spontaneous movement which went out of control
and lays bare the meticulous planning which went into the
demolition. It shows the utter disregard for the Indian
constitution by the BJP and the Sangh Parivar.
"However, the report fails to pinpoint the failure of
the Centre to take action at the appropriate time to prevent
such a crime...By giving a virtual clean chit to the then
Central Government, the Commission has laid itself open to the
charge of a political bias," it said in a statement here.
"The Action Taken Report (ATR) placed by the government
on the basis of some of the Commission`s recommendations is
weak and inadequate.
"It displays a lack of political will to bring those
responsible to justice," the party said.
Citing the example of the outcome of the findings of
the Sri Krishna Commission (that probed into the 1992 serial
blasts in Mumbai), the party said, those who have been
indicted by Commissions for communal violence have got off
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack