Babri report demolished defence of BJP, Sangh Parivar: CPM
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday said the Liberhan
Commission report has demolished the defence of BJP that Babri
Masjid demolition was a "spontaneous movement" but has laid
itself open to the charge of a political bias by not
pinpointing the failure of Centre to take action.
The CPI(M) Politburo said the Commission has made
"a clear and sharp" indictment of the RSS, the BJP and other
constituents of the Sangh Parivar.
"The report demolishes the defence put out by the BJP
that it was a spontaneous movement which went out of control
and lays bare the meticulous planning which went into the
demolition. It shows the utter disregard for the Indian
constitution by the BJP and the Sangh Parivar.
"However, the report fails to pinpoint the failure of
the Centre to take action at the appropriate time to prevent
such a crime...By giving a virtual clean chit to the then
Central Government, the Commission has laid itself open to the
charge of a political bias," it said in a statement here.
"The Action Taken Report (ATR) placed by the government
on the basis of some of the Commission`s recommendations is
weak and inadequate.
"It displays a lack of political will to bring those
responsible to justice," the party said.
Citing the example of the outcome of the findings of
the Sri Krishna Commission (that probed into the 1992 serial
blasts in Mumbai), the party said, those who have been
indicted by Commissions for communal violence have got off
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?