Babri report demolished defence of BJP, Sangh Parivar: CPM
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Wednesday said the Liberhan
Commission report has demolished the defence of BJP that Babri
Masjid demolition was a "spontaneous movement" but has laid
itself open to the charge of a political bias by not
pinpointing the failure of Centre to take action.
The CPI(M) Politburo said the Commission has made
"a clear and sharp" indictment of the RSS, the BJP and other
constituents of the Sangh Parivar.
"The report demolishes the defence put out by the BJP
that it was a spontaneous movement which went out of control
and lays bare the meticulous planning which went into the
demolition. It shows the utter disregard for the Indian
constitution by the BJP and the Sangh Parivar.
"However, the report fails to pinpoint the failure of
the Centre to take action at the appropriate time to prevent
such a crime...By giving a virtual clean chit to the then
Central Government, the Commission has laid itself open to the
charge of a political bias," it said in a statement here.
"The Action Taken Report (ATR) placed by the government
on the basis of some of the Commission`s recommendations is
weak and inadequate.
"It displays a lack of political will to bring those
responsible to justice," the party said.
Citing the example of the outcome of the findings of
the Sri Krishna Commission (that probed into the 1992 serial
blasts in Mumbai), the party said, those who have been
indicted by Commissions for communal violence have got off
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya