`Babus` get training to serve public better
New Delhi: With a mission to refurbish
the "babudom" image of public servants, the Government has now
designed a framework to revive `Citizen Charters` to remind
them that people should be their top priority.
Citizen Charters is a promise by the government that
people must be fairly dealt with, in particular by government
departments and state-controlled bodies.
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public
Grievances is conducting a series of workshops in
collaboration with Cabinet Secretariat for middle-ranking
officials to train them to serve people in a better way.
The second workshop in the series of four was today
inaugurated by Union Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar for
`Designing and Implementing Sevottam Compliant Citizen`s
Charters and Grievance Redress Mechanism` in 21 ministries and
"The Sevottam framework has three components at its
heart: citizen charter, public grievance mechanism and service
delivery capability of various public services and standards,"
"Citizens Charters is needed to be relooked and
reworked so that commitments be met and standard services be
provided," Chandrasekhar said.
The Performance Management Division of the Cabinet
Secretariat had included three modules of the Sevottam
framework - as mandatory success indicators in the Result
Framework Document (RFD) of all ministries which they have to
implement by 31 December. It also includes nine criteria and
The three modules are -- Citizen`s Charter and
Services Standards, Grievance Redress Mechanism and Service
The RFD lists parameters against which performance of
departments would be evaluated and would influence the
performance appraisal of senior bureaucrats also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?