Baby Falak remains on ventilator, still critical
New Delhi: Two-year-old Falak continues to remain on ventilator after experiencing difficulty in breathing, doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) said on Monday about the battered baby who has been in hospital for more than three weeks.
"The baby continues to remain on ventilator and there is no change in her condition. The infection in her brain is still persistent," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor of neurosurgery at the AIIMS trauma centre said.
Falak had earlier shown marginal improvement in her condition and was put off the ventilator Friday evening as the chest infection had cleared and the blood infection had also subsided.
By night, she was put back on it after having breathing problems.
Falak was brought to AIIMS by a teenager Jan 18 with a fractured skull, bruises and human bite marks all over her tiny frame.
The girl who claimed to be her mother is now in a juvenile home. Nine people, including key-accused Raj Kumar Gupta who had handed over the baby to the juvenile, have been arrested in the case.
The team of doctors monitoring the toddler`s condition had said the chest and blood infection had subsided, but the brain infection was still a cause for concern.
The baby has undergone three surgeries so far. Doctors say she is stable, but critical.
"She continues to be critical, but stable," said Agrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe