Baby Falak very critical but stable: Doctors
New Delhi: Even as India continues to pray for Falak, the two-year-old abused and abandoned baby is bravely battling for life at the AIIMS trauma centre here.
Doctors on Wednesday said that the baby’s condition is very critical but stable.
Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences trauma centre, told reporters that her chances of survival have dimmed further, now at less than 50 percent.
Falak, who was admitted to the hospital on January 18, is fighting infection in her brain and chest.
While doctors are administering antibiotics, they say it is difficult to control a brain infection with drugs.
In a bid to drain out the brain fluid that has developed infection, doctors Tuesday night attached a pipe to her spinal cord.
We are monitoring the fluid output and daily cultures reports, Dr Agrawal said.
Asked about her neurological condition, the doctor said Falak continues to remain deeply comatose. However, she does open her eyes at regular intervals.
This, they say, is very brave for a two-year-old baby.
Baby Falak is currently in intensive care unit and on ventilator support.
Doctors had on Monday carried out a brain surgery on the child and said the hours till Thursday are crucial for the baby.
The Delhi Police, meanwhile, continue to piece together the series of events that led to the baby being abandoned and find the main accused, Rajkumar Gupta. The police said they were close to solving the case after crucial leads were found on Monday.
Sources said they have identified the location of Munni, a mother of four, who could be the biological mother of the baby and had left her in the house of one Laxmi in Uttam Nagar area of West Delhi.
Laxmi had handed over the baby to Rajkumar alias Dilshad (28), who left the girl with his minor girlfriend before heading to Mumbai for the treatment of his son.
Falak was admitted to AIIMS with multiple injuries, including a fractured skull, human bite marks on her tiny frame and a clot on the right side of her brain, by the teenager. The teenager is now in a juvenile home.
According to sources, Munni has reportedly got married and is on the radar of police. She could be arrested anytime now.
Some unconfirmed reports even claimed that Munni has already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly