Bad weather delays acceptance trials of N-sub for India
Moscow: Owing to rough weather, the acceptance trials of Akula-II class nuclear attack submarine, which is to be leased to India, have been delayed by a week.
According to earlier schedule, the Nerpa submarine, currently docked in Bolshoi Kamen (Big Rock) facility of the Amur Shipyard on the Pacific Coast, was to begin two weeks of acceptance trials today for its subsequent lease to India by next March.
"There is bad weather in Bolshoi Kamen. The submarine will come out of the dock after 5-6 days, but the delivery schedule set earlier will not be affected," Director General of Amur Shipyard Nikolai Povzyk was quoted as saying by Interfax.
He said currently `fine-tuning` of various systems of the Nerpa submarine is underway, which was hit by a mishap during trials in Sea of Japan last year when 20 sailors and technical staff were killed due to accidental release of toxic gas in the sleeping quarters.
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin had released around USD 65 million in August for the necessary technical changes and completion of the Nerpa trials by the end of this year.
According to earlier reports, after the completion of acceptance trials by the Russian navy the Indian naval crew would undergo training and sailing under Russian instructors before the Nerpa is commissioned as INS Chakra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday