Bad weather may have killed Captain Kalia: Malik
New Delhi: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday said that he wasn`t sure whether the Indian Army`s Capt. Saurabh Kalia "was killed by a Pakistani bullet, or the weather" during the Kargil conflict in 1999.
"When the fight is going on the border, we really don`t know whether he was killed with a Pakistani bullet or he died because of the weather," Malik told reporters here on arrival on a three-day visit.
"I have not examined this case, it has just come to my notice very recently, but I will be very happy to see the father of the soldier, and shake hands and like to know what exactly happened," he added.
Captain Kalia was captured by the Pakistan Army in 1999, during the Kargil conflict, and his badly tortured and mutilated body was later handed over by Pakistan.
Capt. Kalia`s father NK Kalia recently moved the Supreme Court seeking its direction to the government to raise his son`s case at the International Court of Justice at the Hague.
Kalia has been pressing the defence ministry, the army headquarters, external affairs ministry and the Prime Minister`s Office for over a decade to exert pressure on Pakistan to punish those Pakistani soldiers who indulged in barbaric torture of his son and five other soldiers in violation of the Geneva Convention.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark