Badrinath highway reopens for traffic
Dehra Dun: The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was reopened on Monday after remaining blocked for a day due to landslides.
The highway was closed at Mandia village yesterday but
the debris were cleared today and traffic was allowed to move,
official sources said.
However, the road leading to Kedarnath shrine was hit by
fresh landslides in Rudraprayag district, blocking vehicular
traffic, they said, adding that efforts were on to clear the
debris and reopen the road.
The national highways leading to the two other Himalayan
shrines of Gangotri and Yamunotri are open for yatra, the
Meanwhile, the weather remained largely dry in most parts
of Uttarakhand with overcast sky in some areas, the Met office
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof