Badrinath highway reopens for traffic
Dehra Dun: The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was reopened on Monday after remaining blocked for a day due to landslides.
The highway was closed at Mandia village yesterday but
the debris were cleared today and traffic was allowed to move,
official sources said.
However, the road leading to Kedarnath shrine was hit by
fresh landslides in Rudraprayag district, blocking vehicular
traffic, they said, adding that efforts were on to clear the
debris and reopen the road.
The national highways leading to the two other Himalayan
shrines of Gangotri and Yamunotri are open for yatra, the
Meanwhile, the weather remained largely dry in most parts
of Uttarakhand with overcast sky in some areas, the Met office
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'