Badrinath highway reopens for traffic
Dehra Dun: The Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway was reopened on Monday after remaining blocked for a day due to landslides.
The highway was closed at Mandia village yesterday but
the debris were cleared today and traffic was allowed to move,
official sources said.
However, the road leading to Kedarnath shrine was hit by
fresh landslides in Rudraprayag district, blocking vehicular
traffic, they said, adding that efforts were on to clear the
debris and reopen the road.
The national highways leading to the two other Himalayan
shrines of Gangotri and Yamunotri are open for yatra, the
Meanwhile, the weather remained largely dry in most parts
of Uttarakhand with overcast sky in some areas, the Met office
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt