Badrinath temple portal reopens
Dehra Dun: The portals of Badrinath shrine
were reopened Wednesday after a gap of six months amid chanting of
The chief priest opened the doors of the temple at 0805
hours as the palanquin carrying the idol of Lord Vishnu was
taken inside the sanctum sanatorium.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, who was to be
present at the ceremony, could not make it as bad weather
forced cancellation of his visit. Light snowfall lashed the
area and chilly winds blew around the shrine.
However, braving the foul weather, thousands of pilgrims
lined up to have darshan.
Badrinath temple is situated in Garhwal Himalayas of
Chamoli district at a height of 10,278 feet.
With the opening of Kedarnath shrine the Chardham yatra,
comprising Garhwal shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri
and Yamunotri has commenced in full swing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!