Bag with 100 passports seized at IGI Delhi
New Delhi: A bag containing over 100
passports, including those of Indians, was seized by Custom
officials at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here,
police sources said on Monday.
However, no case has been registered yet as police is yet
to get hold of the passports.
Police sources said the bag came in a Turkish Airline
flight and was seized by Custom officials during checking in
the third week of December.
"They seized it when they found that there were a large
number of passports in it. They wrote a letter to us ten days
ago informing us about the seizure. They are yet to hand over
the passports," they said.
A concerned official is on leave and we are yet to get
the documents, they added.
Asked whether the seized passports could be that of an
organised gang, he said they could not say anything.
"We have to find out whether the passports are original
or fake and whether they are tampered with. Only after this we
can say that," a senior police official said.
The official said they will register a case as soon as
they were handed over the passports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder