Baggage check-in affected at T-3
New Delhi: The baggage check-in process
at Terminal 3 of IGI airport here was hit on Saturday after an
electrical sub-station went out of service.
The check-in process in row A, C and G was not in use
since morning due to power failure, and baggage belt in these
rows were defunct, airport sources said.
Due to this, the check-in had to be shifted to other
counters, they said adding, the power could not be restored
till late evening.
An ABB employee deployed at the sub-station for
maintenance work, was also injured during repair work.
He was immediately given first aid and was taken to
hospital, a DIAL spokesperson said.
The operation of the affected baggage belts would be
restored soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH