Baggage check-in affected at T-3
New Delhi: The baggage check-in process
at Terminal 3 of IGI airport here was hit on Saturday after an
electrical sub-station went out of service.
The check-in process in row A, C and G was not in use
since morning due to power failure, and baggage belt in these
rows were defunct, airport sources said.
Due to this, the check-in had to be shifted to other
counters, they said adding, the power could not be restored
till late evening.
An ABB employee deployed at the sub-station for
maintenance work, was also injured during repair work.
He was immediately given first aid and was taken to
hospital, a DIAL spokesperson said.
The operation of the affected baggage belts would be
restored soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China