Baggage check-in affected at T-3
New Delhi: The baggage check-in process
at Terminal 3 of IGI airport here was hit on Saturday after an
electrical sub-station went out of service.
The check-in process in row A, C and G was not in use
since morning due to power failure, and baggage belt in these
rows were defunct, airport sources said.
Due to this, the check-in had to be shifted to other
counters, they said adding, the power could not be restored
till late evening.
An ABB employee deployed at the sub-station for
maintenance work, was also injured during repair work.
He was immediately given first aid and was taken to
hospital, a DIAL spokesperson said.
The operation of the affected baggage belts would be
restored soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today