Bahuguna case: `Jail bharo agitation by Cong`
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said it will
launch a `jail bharo` agitation to press for its demand for
CBI enquiry into the attack at UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna
Joshi`s house in Lucknow.
"As long as our demand for CBI enquiry into the attack
is not fulfilled, our agitation will continue. We will launch
a jail bharo agitation and will continue to struggle till the
demand is accepted," AICC in-charge for Uttar Pradesh Digvijay
Singh told reporters here.
Singh also expressed happiness over the release of
Joshi from Moradabad jail today saying, "we are very happy to
Joshi secured an interim bail in a case of derogatory
remarks made against UP chief minister Mayawati and said that
she regretted her controversial statement but added the chief
minister had no right to continue in office.
She was booked under section 153 A (delivering
inflammatory speeches) and section 109 of IPC (using abusive
language) besides provisions of SC/ST (Prevention of
Singh alleged the attack on Joshi`s house took place
under police patronage and criticised the UP Chief Minister
and her close aide Satish Chandra Mishra for trying to shift
the blame on Congressmen for the attack at Joshi`s house.
"Chief Minister Mayawatiji and Satish Chandra Mishra
ji were trying to mislead...they had tried to shift the blame
on Congress saying Congressmen had burnt Joshi`s house. This
thing has now been exposed," he said.
Singh added, "the party`s fight against the government
will only gain momentum as BSP government keeps on persecuting
our leaders and workers."
Asked whether the agitation in the state will continue
under the leadership of Joshi, a senior party leader said, "of
course. She is the state president of the party."
Meanwhile another senior AICC functionary refused to
comment on whether the party would retain Joshi as the UPCC
chief or there could be some change.
A senior leader however, indicated that the party is
not going to make Joshi`s release a key affair and will prefer
the controversy to die down slowly as the matter is sensitive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside