Bail hearing of five corporates in 2G case to resume Wednesday
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will resume Wednesday its hearing on the bail pleas of five corporate executives named co-accused in the second generation (2G) telecom spectrum case and sent to 14-day judicial custody by a lower court last week.
The five accused are Vinod Goenka of Swan Telecom, Sanjay Chandra of Unitech and three officials of the Anil Ambani Group: Gautam Doshi, Hari Nair and Surendra Pipara. Justice Ajit Bharihoke Monday heard senior counsel Ram Jethmalani who represented Chandra.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had named them co-accused, along with former telecom minister A. Raja, his personal aide R.K. Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura and Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Balwa.
Later, the probe agency also named Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi as co-conspirator in the case, while his wife Dayalu Ammal was listed as a witness.
A sitting Rajya Sabha member, Kanimozhi was named co-conspirator along with Sharad Kumar of Kalaignar TV, Karim Morani of Cineyug Films, and Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agarwal of Kusegaon Realty.
Among the accused, Raja, Chandolia, Behura, Shahid Balwa, Asif Balwa, Agarwal, Goenka, Chandra, Doshi, Nair and Pipara are in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE