Bainsla threatens stir prog over Gujjar quota stalemate
Jaipur: With talks on reservation issue
remaining inconclusive, Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla
today alleged that the government had no intention to meet the
demand and threatened to take out a march to the capital to
press for quota in government jobs for the community.
He said the third round of talks held last night with
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot was not fruitful as the
government did not want to resolve the issue.
"I tried my best to solve the issue last night and
suggested the CM the ways to accord reservation to the caste.
But actually the government is not ready for that, so we are
left with no option but to do it (March)," Bainsla said
over phone from Gazipur, Dausa.
"We are open for talks, but the government has no
intention to meet our demand, so what can we do?"
There were three rounds of talks between Gujjar leaders
and the government in the last two days over the five per cent
The Rajasthan High Court had in October last year stayed
a reservation bill, which proposed quota in jobs and
educational institution in the state for Gujjars and
economically backward classes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case