Bainsla threatens stir prog over Gujjar quota stalemate
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 23:25
  
Jaipur: With talks on reservation issue remaining inconclusive, Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla today alleged that the government had no intention to meet the demand and threatened to take out a march to the capital to press for quota in government jobs for the community.

He said the third round of talks held last night with Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot was not fruitful as the government did not want to resolve the issue.

"I tried my best to solve the issue last night and suggested the CM the ways to accord reservation to the caste. But actually the government is not ready for that, so we are left with no option but to do it (March)," Bainsla said over phone from Gazipur, Dausa.

"We are open for talks, but the government has no intention to meet our demand, so what can we do?"

There were three rounds of talks between Gujjar leaders and the government in the last two days over the five per cent reservation issue.

The Rajasthan High Court had in October last year stayed a reservation bill, which proposed quota in jobs and educational institution in the state for Gujjars and economically backward classes.

PTI


First Published: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 23:25


comments powered by Disqus