Bainsla to hold talks with Rajasthan govt
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh
Bainsla has agreed to hold talks with the Rajasthan government
on the community`s demand for reservation in state jobs.
"The Chief Minister has invited me so I am coming to
Jaipur to hold the next round of talks. I will explore the
possibilities (to end the deadlock)," Bainsla said over
"My delegation held a meeting with the state ministers
at Jaipur yesterday and the community is of the view that the
talks should move in a more positive direction," he said.
"Before meeting any minister or the government
representative, I will discuss the issue with my delegation
which is staying in Jaipur," he said.
GS Sandhu, Principal Secretary, Urban Development,
said the next round of talks will be held between Bainsla and
the committee of ministers comprising Energy Minister Jitendra
Singh, Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and Transport Minister BK Sharma.
"Based on the outcome of the meeting, the decision may
be taken to hold the next round with the Chief Minister," he
Bainsla will decide how many delegation members will
be in the next round of meeting, a Gujjar leader said.
An over 50-member delegation is staying at a hotel
here and has held two rounds of the talks with the committee
of the ministers over the last two days but could not reach a
consensus on the issue of five per cent reservation.
The stir has entered the 16th day today. The agitators
have been blocking the Mumbai-Delhi rail tracks at Pilukapura
in Bharatpur, and Jaipur-Agra National Highway at Dausa and
several other roads in support of their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH