Bainsla to hold talks with Rajasthan govt
Jaipur: Gujjar leader Kirori Singh
Bainsla has agreed to hold talks with the Rajasthan government
on the community`s demand for reservation in state jobs.
"The Chief Minister has invited me so I am coming to
Jaipur to hold the next round of talks. I will explore the
possibilities (to end the deadlock)," Bainsla said over
"My delegation held a meeting with the state ministers
at Jaipur yesterday and the community is of the view that the
talks should move in a more positive direction," he said.
"Before meeting any minister or the government
representative, I will discuss the issue with my delegation
which is staying in Jaipur," he said.
GS Sandhu, Principal Secretary, Urban Development,
said the next round of talks will be held between Bainsla and
the committee of ministers comprising Energy Minister Jitendra
Singh, Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and Transport Minister BK Sharma.
"Based on the outcome of the meeting, the decision may
be taken to hold the next round with the Chief Minister," he
Bainsla will decide how many delegation members will
be in the next round of meeting, a Gujjar leader said.
An over 50-member delegation is staying at a hotel
here and has held two rounds of the talks with the committee
of the ministers over the last two days but could not reach a
consensus on the issue of five per cent reservation.
The stir has entered the 16th day today. The agitators
have been blocking the Mumbai-Delhi rail tracks at Pilukapura
in Bharatpur, and Jaipur-Agra National Highway at Dausa and
several other roads in support of their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!