Bajrang Dal opposes Communal Violence Bill
Mumbai: To protest against the `Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence Bill`, Bajrang Dal will hold an agitation at Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on Sunday.
Terming it as "unconstitutional" the Bajrang Dal has
opposed the Bill, which has been drafted by the National
Advisory Council (NAC), chaired by Congress president Sonia
Gandhi. The Bill would be tabled in the monsoon session of the
"The Bill is against the constitution and is aimed at
satisfying the minority communities," state in-charge of
Bajrang Dal Deepak Gaikwad said.
"According to the Bill, if any inflammatory or defamatory
words are uttered against a person from a minority community,
it would be termed as violence. If a case is registered
against the person, his property can also be seized," he said.
Gaikwad also drew attention to another provision in the
Bill. "Suppose a Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) or Bajrang Dal
activist commits an offence anywhere, then even the top
office-bearers of VHP, like Ashok Singhal and Praveen Togadia
could be made accused in the case and the victim would be
liable to get a compensation between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 15
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA