Bal Thackeray was not a dictator, says Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: Describing late Bal Thackeray as an "open-hearted" person, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here that the Sena patriarch was not a "dictator" and always took decisions, which he felt were "reasonable".
"Balasaheb was an open hearted person. He never indulged in caste-based politics. Though some people portrayed him as a dictator, it was not the case. He would take decisions in accordance with the situation," Gadkari said at a programme here last evening.
The BJP leader was speaking at a function in suburban Dadar, where he along with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray released MP Sanjay Raut`s book "Yugant", a compilation of his articles written on the 86-year-old leader.
Gadkari said Thackeray took decisions which he felt were "right and reasonable".
"He was the only leader who thought on technical issues. Whenever we approached him with an issue, he would listen to us and co-operate on those he felt were right," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!