Bal Thackeray was not a dictator, says Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: Describing late Bal Thackeray as an "open-hearted" person, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here that the Sena patriarch was not a "dictator" and always took decisions, which he felt were "reasonable".
"Balasaheb was an open hearted person. He never indulged in caste-based politics. Though some people portrayed him as a dictator, it was not the case. He would take decisions in accordance with the situation," Gadkari said at a programme here last evening.
The BJP leader was speaking at a function in suburban Dadar, where he along with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray released MP Sanjay Raut`s book "Yugant", a compilation of his articles written on the 86-year-old leader.
Gadkari said Thackeray took decisions which he felt were "right and reasonable".
"He was the only leader who thought on technical issues. Whenever we approached him with an issue, he would listen to us and co-operate on those he felt were right," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog