Bal Thackeray was not a dictator, says Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: Describing late Bal Thackeray as an "open-hearted" person, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here that the Sena patriarch was not a "dictator" and always took decisions, which he felt were "reasonable".
"Balasaheb was an open hearted person. He never indulged in caste-based politics. Though some people portrayed him as a dictator, it was not the case. He would take decisions in accordance with the situation," Gadkari said at a programme here last evening.
The BJP leader was speaking at a function in suburban Dadar, where he along with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray released MP Sanjay Raut`s book "Yugant", a compilation of his articles written on the 86-year-old leader.
Gadkari said Thackeray took decisions which he felt were "right and reasonable".
"He was the only leader who thought on technical issues. Whenever we approached him with an issue, he would listen to us and co-operate on those he felt were right," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...