Bal Thackeray was not a dictator, says Nitin Gadkari
Mumbai: Describing late Bal Thackeray as an "open-hearted" person, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said here that the Sena patriarch was not a "dictator" and always took decisions, which he felt were "reasonable".
"Balasaheb was an open hearted person. He never indulged in caste-based politics. Though some people portrayed him as a dictator, it was not the case. He would take decisions in accordance with the situation," Gadkari said at a programme here last evening.
The BJP leader was speaking at a function in suburban Dadar, where he along with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray released MP Sanjay Raut`s book "Yugant", a compilation of his articles written on the 86-year-old leader.
Gadkari said Thackeray took decisions which he felt were "right and reasonable".
"He was the only leader who thought on technical issues. Whenever we approached him with an issue, he would listen to us and co-operate on those he felt were right," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!