Balakrishnan urged to resign following allegations
New Delhi: A former Kerala High Court judge has urged NHRC chairman KG Balakrishnan to step down in the wake of allegations against him.
Justice (retd) PK Shamsuddin, who had served in the High Court along with the former Chief Justice of India in the Kerala High Court, told a private news channel that his resignation pending enquiry will be proper "since in people`s mind there are many doubts against him”.
The retired judge said that a few years ago he was approached by a man in Bangalore who requested him to facilitate an introduction to Balakrishnan`s son or son-in-law in connection with a case in the Supreme Court.
Shamsuddin refused to make public the name of the person who approached him to get access to Balakrishnan but said he knew him well.
"Till then I did not know that KG Balakrishnan was approachable," he said.
Asked if relatives can influence a judge, Shamsuddin said, "I can`t say assertively but people think chief justice can be influenced by these people."
When contacted by the TV channel with a detailed questionnaire, Justice Balakrishnan sent a "bland denial", the channel said in a release.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'