Balakrishnan urged to resign following allegations
New Delhi: A former Kerala High Court judge has urged NHRC chairman KG Balakrishnan to step down in the wake of allegations against him.
Justice (retd) PK Shamsuddin, who had served in the High Court along with the former Chief Justice of India in the Kerala High Court, told a private news channel that his resignation pending enquiry will be proper "since in people`s mind there are many doubts against him”.
The retired judge said that a few years ago he was approached by a man in Bangalore who requested him to facilitate an introduction to Balakrishnan`s son or son-in-law in connection with a case in the Supreme Court.
Shamsuddin refused to make public the name of the person who approached him to get access to Balakrishnan but said he knew him well.
"Till then I did not know that KG Balakrishnan was approachable," he said.
Asked if relatives can influence a judge, Shamsuddin said, "I can`t say assertively but people think chief justice can be influenced by these people."
When contacted by the TV channel with a detailed questionnaire, Justice Balakrishnan sent a "bland denial", the channel said in a release.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users