Balkrishna case: HC defers final hearing
Nainital: In further reprieve to Ramdev`s
aide Balkrishna, facing CBI arrest on charges of using fake
educational degrees for procuring passport, the Uttarakhand
High Court on Wednesday deferred the final hearing to November 4.
The court had granted a stay on his arrest on July 29.
A single-member bench headed by Acting Chief Justice
Tarun Agrawal said he has to take part in the hearing.
Balkrishna had moved the court challenging the CBI FIR
against him and prayed for grant of a stay on his arrest.
While granting stay, the court had asked him to cooperate with
CBI in its investigations and appear before it on August 3.
Balkrishna visited the CBI office in Dehradun twice in
August but the investigative agency failed to gather the
required information, his counsel Rajendra Dobhal said.
The CBI then sent a notice to Balkrishna asking him to
present his original documents related to his education.
However, sources said the envelope delivered to CBI on August
27 did not have any document but Balkrishna`s ration card
Balkrishna had gone missing on July 24, a day after CBI
had registered the case of cheating and criminal conspiracy
against him. He resurfaced on the evening of Jul 29 only after
the high court granted a stayed on his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard