Balkrishna case: HC defers final hearing
Nainital: In further reprieve to Ramdev`s
aide Balkrishna, facing CBI arrest on charges of using fake
educational degrees for procuring passport, the Uttarakhand
High Court on Wednesday deferred the final hearing to November 4.
The court had granted a stay on his arrest on July 29.
A single-member bench headed by Acting Chief Justice
Tarun Agrawal said he has to take part in the hearing.
Balkrishna had moved the court challenging the CBI FIR
against him and prayed for grant of a stay on his arrest.
While granting stay, the court had asked him to cooperate with
CBI in its investigations and appear before it on August 3.
Balkrishna visited the CBI office in Dehradun twice in
August but the investigative agency failed to gather the
required information, his counsel Rajendra Dobhal said.
The CBI then sent a notice to Balkrishna asking him to
present his original documents related to his education.
However, sources said the envelope delivered to CBI on August
27 did not have any document but Balkrishna`s ration card
Balkrishna had gone missing on July 24, a day after CBI
had registered the case of cheating and criminal conspiracy
against him. He resurfaced on the evening of Jul 29 only after
the high court granted a stayed on his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand