Balkrishna skips CBI questioning, celebrates b’day
Dehradun: Yoga guru Ramdev`s aide
Balkrishna on Thursday did not turn up before the CBI for
questioning, saying he had to collect his passport to submit
it to the Uttarakhand High Court, and later took time off to
participate in his birthday function in Haridwar.
Balkrishna, who appeared before the CBI here yesterday
in connection with charges of using fake educational degrees
for procuring a passport, sent a fax communication to agency
officials here saying he has to travel to Nainital to deposit
his travel document with the office of registrar general
tomorrow in compliance with a High Court order and was busy
trying to collect it, CBI sources said.
He had earlier claimed he had deposited his passport
with the British High Commission to get a visa.
However, Balkrishna, later participated in `Rigved
yagna` and several functions organised on the occasion of his
40th birthday at Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar, 29 kms from
here, yogpeeth sources said.
Prominent sadhus and seers, who are generally seen in
ceremonies at the yogpeeth, did not attend the functions.
Saplings of medicinal plants were also distributed among the
people of the area on the occasion of birthday of Balkrishna,
which was observed as "Jari-Booti Diwas".
Balkrishna had yesterday skirted key queries posed by
the CBI in connection with a case of allegedly using fake
educational degrees for procuring the passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'