Balkrishna`s arrest an attempt to scare me: Ramdev
New Delhi: Hours after the arrest of his close aide Balkrishna, Yoga guru Ramdev on Friday alleged that the government was taking such steps to scare him and break his resolve in the fight for bringing back black money stashed abroad.
"The government is scared of the August nine agitation. That is why there was a murderous attempt on me (in Bhopal) and character assassination of Balkrishna.
"By doing so, the government thinks that it can break my resolve and scare people who are protesting. Let the government do whatever they want, I will not leave the path of truth," Ramdev said in a statement.
Balkrishna was today arrested by the CBI after a non-bailable warrant was issued against him by a special court here in an alleged fake documents case.
Ramdev also alleged that Balkrishna was being targeted because he was his close aide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply