Balkrishna`s arrest an attempt to scare me: Ramdev
New Delhi: Hours after the arrest of his close aide Balkrishna, Yoga guru Ramdev on Friday alleged that the government was taking such steps to scare him and break his resolve in the fight for bringing back black money stashed abroad.
"The government is scared of the August nine agitation. That is why there was a murderous attempt on me (in Bhopal) and character assassination of Balkrishna.
"By doing so, the government thinks that it can break my resolve and scare people who are protesting. Let the government do whatever they want, I will not leave the path of truth," Ramdev said in a statement.
Balkrishna was today arrested by the CBI after a non-bailable warrant was issued against him by a special court here in an alleged fake documents case.
Ramdev also alleged that Balkrishna was being targeted because he was his close aide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh