Balochistan is Pakistan`s internal problem: India
New Delhi: India on Saturday again rebutted Pakistan`s allegation that New Delhi was fomenting trouble in Balochistan, saying it was Islamabad`s internal problem.
"We have stated it earlier and I say it again that there is no shred of evidence (with Pakistan) of India`s hand in Balochistan," Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters here.
Rao was asked about Islamabad foreign office spokesperson Abdul Basit claiming that "India is involved in Balochistan and the proof will be disclosed when the time comes".
"Balochistan is an internal problem of Pakistan. It is not our habit to interfere in our neighbours` affairs, for that matter any neighbour. I hope Pakistan will also follow the same role," Rao said.
India has been strongly rejecting the "unfounded" accusation of fomenting insurgency in Balochistan.
Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday told Parliament that Pakistan "is fabricating evidence" of India`s alleged role in Balochistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India