Balochistan mentioned under US pressure: Bardhan
Bhopal: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan
on Saturday alleged that the government had agreed to mention
Balochistan in the Indo-Pak joint statement issued in
Sharm-el-Sheikh under pressure from the US.
"The mention of Balochistan in the joint statement was
made at the behest of US and this has established our doubt of
growing interference of America in India`s matters," Bardhan
told reporters after taking part in the party`s two-day long
state executive meeting here.
He said the mention of Balochistan in the joint
statement implied that the way Pakistan was interfering in
Kashmir, India was interfering in that region, which was far
from the truth.
Referring to the growing inflation in the country, he
claimed the government failed to curb the soaring prices and
even the Union Budget did not carry any measure to tackle it.
To a question on doubts raised by various political
parties on the fairness of EVMs, Bardhan said he was not
saying that people lost polls due to manipulation in EVMs, but
definitely the issue was valid.
He said even countries like US and Germany were
conducting elections through paper ballot system.
As directed by the Supreme Court, the Election
Commission of India should look into it as it is an
established fact that electronic gadgets can be tampered with
and people can always raise question on its transparency, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today