Balochistan mentioned under US pressure: Bardhan
Bhopal: CPI General Secretary A B Bardhan
on Saturday alleged that the government had agreed to mention
Balochistan in the Indo-Pak joint statement issued in
Sharm-el-Sheikh under pressure from the US.
"The mention of Balochistan in the joint statement was
made at the behest of US and this has established our doubt of
growing interference of America in India`s matters," Bardhan
told reporters after taking part in the party`s two-day long
state executive meeting here.
He said the mention of Balochistan in the joint
statement implied that the way Pakistan was interfering in
Kashmir, India was interfering in that region, which was far
from the truth.
Referring to the growing inflation in the country, he
claimed the government failed to curb the soaring prices and
even the Union Budget did not carry any measure to tackle it.
To a question on doubts raised by various political
parties on the fairness of EVMs, Bardhan said he was not
saying that people lost polls due to manipulation in EVMs, but
definitely the issue was valid.
He said even countries like US and Germany were
conducting elections through paper ballot system.
As directed by the Supreme Court, the Election
Commission of India should look into it as it is an
established fact that electronic gadgets can be tampered with
and people can always raise question on its transparency, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read