Balwa accuses CBI of withholding docs in 2G case
New Delhi: Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid Usman
Balwa on Monday accused CBI of withholding from a Delhi court some
crucial documents relating to 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Majeed Menon, advocate for Balwa, cited a "personal
discussion" between the then Minister of External Affairs
(Pranab Mukherjee) and the then Solicitor General (G E
Vahanvati) on the important issue of the allocation policy to
be followed as an example to buttress his allegation against
"There was a personal discussion between the then
Minister of External Affairs and the then Solicitor General on
the allocation policy. CBI should place all the documents
before this court," Memon told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
CBI records, including the charge sheet, are silent on
various issues, he said, adding Special Public Prosecutor U U
Lalit also did not refer to a letter written by former Telecom
Minister A Raja to the Prime Minister on December 26, 2007.
"When the Special Public Prosecutor was addressing
this court, how conveniently he spoke about the letter (of
Raja) of November 2, 2007 only. This act of ommisison is act
of suppression in my opinion. There is no explanation why he
did not point out the letter of December 26," Memon said.
Raja, in his December 26 letter, allegedly wrote about
the shift in the first-come-first served policy saying it was
also approved by Attorney General G E Vahanvati, the then
The letter said that instead of according seniority on
the basis of date of application, DoT decided to award
licenses to companies which would comply with the terms of LoI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing