Bandh in Jammu today to protest Ramdev`s eviction
Jammu: A bandh has been called by yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s Patanjali Yog Samiti in Jammu region Wednesday in protest against his forceful eviction from Ramlila ground in New Delhi and to lend support to his agitation.
There will be a bandh and chaka jam Wednesday in protest against the New Delhi action and in support of Baba Ramdev`s Satyagrah against corruption and blackmoney," Dinesh
Sharma, in-charge of Patanjali Yog Samiti Jammu told reporters yesterday.
He said that all the organisations, including Jammu Chamber of Commerce, Bar Association, Traders Associations, Transport Association and other political, social organisations have extended full support for tomorrow`s bandh.
"We will take out a rally from the venue of Patanjali Samiti`s hunger strike and parade through the market places in Jammu peacefully."
"Jammu people want to send a message to Baba that they are fully with him on his demand of corruption and blackmoney," he said.
Claiming that the agitation was not against any political party, including Congress, he said, the demand is to fight corruption and bring back blackmoney which is stashed in foreign banks.
The Samiti`s hunger strike today entered its 4th day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today