Bandra-Worli Sealink plunges into darkness
Mumbai: A major portion of the busy
Bandra-Worli Sealink plunged into darkness Tuesday evening due to
a sudden power failure.
Lights on the Sealink went off due to a technical failure
at around 8.00 pm, Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport
(BEST) officials said.
The power failure, however, did not disturb the flow of
traffic on the Sealink, the officials claimed.
The power supply was disrupted due to tripping between
pillar 19 to 47 of the Sealink, they said.
"The supply was restored within half an hour using
generator backup," a BEST official said.
The 5.6 km long engineering marvel, opened to traffic in
June last year, connects the northern suburb of Bandra to
Worli in South Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter