Bangalore blast: Events as they unfolded
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: The Centre would start an inquiry into the bomb blast near BJP office in Bangalore which left 16 persons injured, Union Home minister Sushil Shinde said on Wednesday. Meanwhile, sources told Zee Media that Indian Mujahideen may be involved in the blast.
"I came to know of the Bangalore blast and will start an inquiry into the incident. I will also have interaction with the Karnataka government and the police department," Shinde said.
8 pm Bomber used bike stolen from Andhra Pradesh, fixed forged Tamil Nadu number, as per a news channel.
7:30 pm Congress distanced itself from party leader Shakeel Ahmed`s remarks. "We all know terrorism is a national issue or problem. We do not view the problem in terms of political benefit or loss," party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters.
7 pm Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok Ashok said that the fact that the explosion occurred so near to the BJP office clearly indicated that the terrorists wanted to cause maximum damage to its leaders and cadres, besides spreading panic ahead of the state legislative assembly elections May 5.
6:30 pm Bangalore blast was a terror attack, Karnataka Home Minister told a news channel. He said that a sim card and details of registration number of the bike used.
5 pm An alert has been sounded across Gujarat in the wake of the blast near BJP office in Bangalore today, a top police officer said.
4.40 pm Local unit of Indian Mujahideen (IM) may be behind Bangalore blast, sources tell Zee Media
4 pm Don`t politicise Bangalore blast: RPN Singh
2.43 pm There is nothing. It is a rumour, everything is calm here, says TR Suresh, DCP North East Bangalore on Hebbal blast reports
Special Secretary of the Home Dept will lead the enquiries into Bangalore blast, says Sushilkumar Shinde
2.30 pm Local news channels quote Police Commissioner denying blast at Hebbal
2.09 pm Official, confirmation on Hebbal blast awaited. Hebbal is around 7 kilometres from Malleswaram
2.07 pm 500 gm explosive used in Malleswaram blast
2.05 pm NIA team rushes from Delhi to Bangalore
2 pm Reports of another blast in Hebbal locality of Bangalore
1.50 pm Motorbike used for planting the IED was a stolen one. Police try to locate the owner
1.36 pm It is a clear case of terror act, says R Ashok
1.30 pm Motorcycle used in the blast had a Tamil Nadu registered number plate.
1.25 pm Appeal to people to remain calm, culprits will be caught and punished. The target was the BJP – Karnataka Home Minister R Ashok
1.17 pm Police confirm use of IED in Bangalore blast
1.13 pm No car hit by the blast had LPG kit installed
1.10 pm Karnataka Home Minister R Ashok reaches the blast site in Bangalore
1 pm The blast was caused by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), sources to Zee Media
12.40 pm Police officials are looking at all possibilities. At this time I would appeal for peace, says RPN Singh, MoS, Home
12.20 pm NIA team reaches spot
12.15 pm Patients with severe injuries in the Bangalore blast being shifted to Mallige hospital
Panic spread in the sleepy Bangalore neighbourhood after a huge explosion was heard outside the BJP office in Malleswaram. Soon afterwards a number of vehicles parked in the vicinity caught fire.
Eyewitnesses said glass windows of a nearby building were shattered due to the blast.
The injured were initially rushed to KC General Hospital.
The entire area has been cordoned off. Multiple forensic teams are at the spot and are looking for clues.
There was a huge crowd of BJP workers at the party office as today was the last day to file nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25