Bangalore blast: Security stepped up in Delhi
New Delhi: Security was stepped up in the national capital Wednesday with special checking of in-bound and out-bound vehicles following a blast near the BJP office in Bangalore.
A senior police official said personnel have been "alerted" and there is extra vigil across the city.
"There is an emphasis on checking the vehicles which are leaving and entering the city. We have deployed personnel across the city. There is nothing to panic," the official said.
Police have also stepped up vigil at railway stations, ISBTs, airport, Metro stations, markets and other crowded places in the capital.
16 people, including eight policemen, were injured in the blast near the BJP city office in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years