Bangalore blast: Security stepped up in Delhi
New Delhi: Security was stepped up in the national capital Wednesday with special checking of in-bound and out-bound vehicles following a blast near the BJP office in Bangalore.
A senior police official said personnel have been "alerted" and there is extra vigil across the city.
"There is an emphasis on checking the vehicles which are leaving and entering the city. We have deployed personnel across the city. There is nothing to panic," the official said.
Police have also stepped up vigil at railway stations, ISBTs, airport, Metro stations, markets and other crowded places in the capital.
16 people, including eight policemen, were injured in the blast near the BJP city office in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal