Bangalore blasts victims `doing fine`
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 18:24
  
Bangalore: Three persons admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of a private hospital here following injuries sustained in two-low intensity blasts at Chinnaswamy stadium, are "doing fine," hospital sources said.

"Two of three admitted to the ICU suffered from tympanic membrane perforation where a membrane of the ear was injured. There were some foreign bodies in the ears which were removed," they said.

The patients were experiencing some mild discomfort, but the wounds would heal and they were not likely to suffer any hearing loss, they said.

Two of the injured also had scalp injuries and one had chest injuries, the sources said, adding the wounds had been sutured.

Meanwhile, five patients admitted to the wards have been discharged. They had complained of hearing loss owing to the impact of the blast on their eardrums. They have been given antibiotics and called for follow ups.

Seven persons had already been discharged after primary treatment.

Fifteen persons, including police personnel, were injured when two low-intensity bombs went off at Chinnaswamy stadium yesterday minutes before the start of an IPL match between Royal Challengers, Bangalore and Mumbai Indians.

PTI


First Published: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 18:24


comments powered by Disqus