Bangalore competing with Delhi to become rape capital: Abha Singh
Mumbai: Women`s rights activist Abha Singh on Saturday said that the city of Bangalore seems to be competing with national capital Delhi to become the rape capital of the country.
Singh told a news agency, "It`s very necessary that the Bangalore sexual assault case should be taken to fast track court and minimum punishment should be of 10 years. It seems that Bangalore is giving competition to Delhi in terms of becoming rape capital. The police is not taking action and that is why criminals are becoming insensitive. Why were there no CCTV cameras in school?"
A minor girl was attacked and raped by two gym instructors when she had gone to the washroom in Vibgyor School on Varthur-Haralur Road in Bangalore.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), Kamal Pant, had said that police is collecting the evidence and a thorough investigation was taking place.
Abha Singh also attacked the Uttar Pradesh government over the gang-rape and murder of a woman in Lucknow, saying that law and order has broken down in the state.
"What has happened in Lucknow is unfortunate. It shows that law and order in UP has broken down. It`s high time that the government should intervene."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?