Bangalore competing with Delhi to become rape capital: Abha Singh
Mumbai: Women`s rights activist Abha Singh on Saturday said that the city of Bangalore seems to be competing with national capital Delhi to become the rape capital of the country.
Singh told a news agency, "It`s very necessary that the Bangalore sexual assault case should be taken to fast track court and minimum punishment should be of 10 years. It seems that Bangalore is giving competition to Delhi in terms of becoming rape capital. The police is not taking action and that is why criminals are becoming insensitive. Why were there no CCTV cameras in school?"
A minor girl was attacked and raped by two gym instructors when she had gone to the washroom in Vibgyor School on Varthur-Haralur Road in Bangalore.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), Kamal Pant, had said that police is collecting the evidence and a thorough investigation was taking place.
Abha Singh also attacked the Uttar Pradesh government over the gang-rape and murder of a woman in Lucknow, saying that law and order has broken down in the state.
"What has happened in Lucknow is unfortunate. It shows that law and order in UP has broken down. It`s high time that the government should intervene."
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday